What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion often caused by not enough oxygen. In your home, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces can also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is poisonous to the body and is deadly at high levels or with long exposure.