Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion often caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running correctly or have been installed wrong.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces can also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is poisonous to the body and is lethal at high levels or with long exposure.