Prevention is the most critical place to start. Doing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Gainesville.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Warm up your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when operated properly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Confirm gas appliances are running accurately, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.