Relying on a carbon monoxide detector in a central location is the recommended way to alert you to this dangerous gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is deadly in big amounts.
A carbon monoxide detector is similar to a smoke alarm. It checks the air and beeps if carbon monoxide amounts are becoming dangerous. If possible, you should have at minimum one detector near each living area, or on every floor in your home. These detectors are best used when paired with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your system in top condition and could help you stop carbon monoxide in Gainesville.