Your HVAC system is essential to a sense of comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take this functionality for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever stopped working on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with last minute repairs, high energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you could maintain a continuous source of healthy, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like receiving an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should consider applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other perks. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to request tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly endorse registering. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so people often forget about setting up furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, take a look at these benefits:
- Expose smaller problems early on: Issues with your HVAC equipment tend to progress gradually. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and take care of smaller problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the likelihood of an unexpected breakdown goes down.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable amount that minimizes the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that annual maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Increase home comfort: When your heating and cooling system operates the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more comfortable humidity in your home.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer than a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is running like it's supposed to.
- Maintain your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they necessitate once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can often anticipate same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC agreement gives you access to the quickest installs possible, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair work, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance plan grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get costly fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you unhappy, the technician will return to make things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and get in touch with our staff to help you figure out the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before enrolling. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.