When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water looks clear, it could still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Many people dislike the taste of polluted tap water and grasp the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you might first think about going the bottled water route. Sadly, this gets pricey almost immediately. In addition, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also provide healthier water more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you pick out and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but several of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that regulated water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your faucets, furnishing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and increases in the water main following heavy rainfall. While generally harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban settings. Unfortunately, this disinfectant also adds dangerous chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that safe, clean water doesn’t have to come with bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help finding a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.