Air conditioners don’t last forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Gainesville, you may be considering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few points to consider, as well as the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the appropriate amount of air to keep your home comfortable. A modern air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the right recommendation.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your wallet if you replace both units together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t often any major short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system stops working. You can avoid the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at peak efficiency, making your house cozier and decreasing your ongoing energy bills.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll pay for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you may even be authorized for an exclusive deal because you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the price of replacing your complete system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are included!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 352-414-4006 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.