Summer is typically a busy time of year for many folks in Gainesville. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Gainesville heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Gainesville heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 352-414-4006 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make certain that your air conditioner is working at its best in the Gainesville heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a quick break and escape to an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a break as it could also be an early warning of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Gainesville temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than usual. It can help you cool down a little faster so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.