How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many fumes that could be inside your Gainesville home. Natural gas and gases that derive from household furniture, flooring and paints. Not a one of these gases are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Reach Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 352-374-6602 now to begin protecting your house against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?

Carbon monoxide might be an emergency, so it’s not something to take lightly.

1. You Can’t See It

Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you can’t view it, detect it with your nose or taste it. It’s nonirritating in little amounts and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Fatal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of used fuel. It can leak into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Based on how considerable the leak is and the ventilation in a residence, carbon monoxide may become fatal in only a few minutes.

Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are taking in pure air, it requires five hours to take it out of your system. It requires another five hours to decrease that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Mirror Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide can also mirror symptoms that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Defend Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some precautions you can do to keep your residence safe:

  1. Every residence with at least one fuel-burning heater, attached garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide system. It’s necessary to have a sensor on every level of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide detector in your residence?
    Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 352-374-6602 to get one. Ask our specialists about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you currently own a carbon monoxide detector, consistently test or replace the batteries. You should look at batteries every season, and buy a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide sensor goes off, get out of your house right away and phone 911.

Protect Your Family with Support from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the recommended actions your house can be safe from the dangerous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 352-374-6602 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.