Scheduling yearly AC maintenance is helpful.
Service keeps your AC equipment in Gainesville running at its best performance while keeping energy consumption small. It also might even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are a few jobs you can finish alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that entails a large dose of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier weather approaching, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC service on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your air conditioning equipment cleaned and checked out. Hesitating to flip it on until the first hot day of the season can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you could be waiting awhile for a tech. And that could turn extremely uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a freshened AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, AC upkeep could be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up Myself?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your AC unit in the prime order:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters block airflow and might lower your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is especially crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn work around the exterior condenser. Make sure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of open space. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have collected inside your unit, since this can impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 352-414-4006, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver reliable cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and grass.
- Checking controls to double check your equipment is turning on, cooling and turning off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your unit has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that need further service, we are set to offer you the most economical option. Pinpointing likely troubles early can solve more substantial troubles later on. This also gives you time to strategize if your unit is getting older.
When you need a new cooling system, our Experts will work with you to select the right solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to request your maintenance? Contact us at 352-414-4006 or schedule an appointment online right away.