Scheduling yearly AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Service keeps your AC unit in Gainesville operating at its best performance while keeping energy needs small. It also might even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a few things you can finish alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC inspections and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a big dose of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier weather near, it’s also a great idea to put AC service on that checklist.
Spring is a great time of year to get your cooling unit cleaned and checked out. Delaying to flip it on until the first hot day of the summer can be dicey. If you have to have repair or a new unit, you could be waiting awhile for a technician. And that could turn awfully uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a freshened AC system will help ensure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning service could be required for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up Myself?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your AC equipment in the prime state:
- Put in a new air filter. Filthy filters block airflow and can lower your unit’s efficiency. While the replacement timeline depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is especially necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn work around the outdoor condenser. Make sure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of open space. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your unit, since this might limit airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 352-414-4006, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to get rid of any blockage from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to ensure your unit is switching on, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your equipment has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that involve further work, we are set to provide you the most cost-effective option. Pinpointing possible troubles early can solve more expensive troubles later on. This also gives you time to save if your unit is aging.
When you need a new AC system, our Experts will work with you to select the right equipment for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment more affordable. No matter what your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to book your maintenance? Call us at 352-414-4006 or schedule an appointment online right away.