Spring is wonderful for many reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for fresh air and your energy bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning on your heater or cooling.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Gainesville and keeping bills low.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility expenses low.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving features in modern cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your energy charges down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your energy cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or switch it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can try several other approaches to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise in the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your home. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.