Spring is wonderful for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your heater or cooling.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy bills. Here are some tips for saving energy in Gainesville and keeping bills low.
1. Call for Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy charges down.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a great time to update it. The energy-saving technology in modern cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your energy bill down.
2. Turn Down Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Understanding how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the cheaper your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Home
You can try several other methods to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it comes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the full day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy bills down. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 352-414-4006 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the correct solution for your home. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.